Sunday, July 12, 2009

Celebrated Simon's birthday in advance

We celebrated Simon's birthday in advance at the Miri Marriott Resort & Spa, and had the yummy buffet dinner. We had actually cancelled the plans for a family dinner on Sat night with 11 cases of H1N1 (5 from abroad and 6 local), but MIL said we should go and she'll take care of the kids at home.
So Stanley, Grace, Simon and me went to enjoy a nice sumptuous dinner. We all admit we're old already and cannot eat so much. So we went for quality rather than quantity. I took the opportunity to eat more red meat since my haemoglobin levels were just below the average 11pts (10.9 to be exact).
We had a nice time just eating and chatting away.
When I called for the bill, I forgot that I had mentioned to the staff that it was Simon's birthday and they said they will arrange a complimentary piece of cake. Simon knew I would arrange for a cake and said he was too stuffed to eat anymore. Well, the bill took like 15mins to come and with it, the comp cheesecake. Birthday boy was nice enough to finish the entire slice.

1 comment:

shaggyfish said...

hey, Kim
Simon is having birthday in July tooo... ! thanks for your birthday wishes and your comments in my blog!
i love the Sassafras mini book shown in yr FB... ooooooooh sooooo nice :)))))