The red circle indicated here was the location where we were fishing.
So many equipments were being brought for this trip.
Rods - Sevenseas, Gensis, Shimano Jigwrex, Jigging Master.
Reels - Shimano Ocea Jigger 4000, 5000, Stella 20000, Twinpower 8000PG, Triton TSS4, Daiwa Saltiga.
Terminal Jigs - more than 100 pcs ranging from 250g to 600g (fishing depth: 100-200m)
Leader Line- 125 -200 lbs (1.0-1.5mm dia)
Upon reaching the 1st spot, Tony, Louis, Tiong and Mark dropped their 300g jigs down and hoping something would bite along the way. Nothing came out after trying for 15 mins at the 1st spot. We decided to go to another spot nearby to try.
All in all we tried 3 spots and only small bites were felt on the jigs, but no hook on. I think most of the fishes decided to stay home because of the Typhoon.
We decided to sail back 1 day earlier as multiple storms were brewing at the horizon and the swells were getting stronger and stronger. One of the Lao Chiao suggested to call it a day as it was too dangerous to jig on wooden platform without a safety railing and the swells did not make the jigging experience better. Better to be safe than sorry, I just followed their advice to turn back. I lied down most of the time to make myself felt better.
I am glad that I am back inshore safely after 30+ hrs of boat ride and only 30 mins + of jigging. When I got the news regarding the tychoon sweeping through the South China Sea, I thank God for his protection during this trip. After this trip, I will only go for shorter distance (nearer to the shore) to fish liao. No point of travelling so far and no fish would be caught.
No comments:
Post a Comment