What I am happy about is that Secret Recipe is finally here in Miri. The shop opened last week and it has been running full for lunches and dinners. Even at tea time, the restaurant is three quarters full. I went yesterday and had my chocolate banana cake....can you hear my sigh of contentment?

Today is Stanley's birthday and we bought some cakes to celebrate yesterday since he's going back to Singapore today. Happy Birthday, Stanley!!
I bought Oreo, Blueberry, Espresso, Carrot cheesecake and the Choc Fudge cake. Simon likes the Oreo Cheese, which he calls it the "Cookies and Cream" one.
Coffee CrazeFirst, Miri had San Francisco Coffee at M2, which is still surviving even though the shopping centre that it was in, M2, closed down. It could still operate coz it was occupying the corner unit and located at a unit outside of the mall.
Then Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf opened earlier this year at Bintang Plaza.
In July, M2 was acquired by the Shin Yang Group, and they're currently refurbishing the mall (think tune Hotel will be there?) and SF Coffee had to look for new premises. Guess where it moved to?
Bintang Plaza.
Today, we drove past Bintang Plaza and saw that the empty outlet facing the road has been taken up by a new coffee joint? Guess who?
Starbucks!
Coffee craze is officially on in Miri.......and all three of them are in one shopping mall.
But I prefer tea...heehee!
No comments:
Post a Comment