Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm back, and have news to share

After all that left over lethargy of the long break of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year, I'm back to blog.

Seriously, after I came back from the Singapore trip in early Jan, I've been feeling out of sorts and super tired and sleepy. Well, I've suspected, had a nagging feeling and it's confirmed...I'm pregnant!

Simon and I are very blessed that we are expecting number two. I suffer from Endometriosis, so I have problems conceiving. Plus I still have 6kgs left from the first pregnancy, and I know I just have to lose a little more weight then chances of getting pregnant will be higher. This time, I just didn't want to take any meds too. I relied on prayer. Not that I pray lots, although I hope to do. So that's why I said we're very blessed that we're expecting. Praise God indeed.

Chinese New Year
Before the eve of CNY, it was raining cats and dogs, and we're thinking whether people would have the chance to let off their fire crackers and fireworks (illegal of course). But just before mid-night, the rain stopped and the thunderous bangs started. I covered Jon's ears while he slept. But after ten mins of continuous bangs, Jon woke up and didn't want to go back to sleep. So I got Simon to carry him to our bedroom window and he had his first glimpse of fireworks. Then it all stopped around 12.20am. And not a moment too soon, the rain started again. Which was good coz it helped got rid of all the smoke as a result of the fireworks and fire crackers.
We had a long break during CNY and here's some very delayed photos. Jonathan was amazed at all the bottles of goodies we placed on the coffee table and he would try to take one and open it. I let him try the mini love letters, coz they're baked and not fried. He loved them!
His first love letter of the day during CNY Day 1.
His second one.
Great grandfather giving him his third.
And after much persuasion, I gave him his fourth one.

We had to ration the number of goodies he tries coz we don't want him coming down with a cough or sore throat during CNY. It's difficult to stop letting Jon snack when you have people saying, "It's CNY, let him have a break." after he has like his 3rd humongous keropok.

Please, can I have some?

But yes, it's CNY and we did give in sometimes. Now we know Jon likes dried cuttlefish (the softer ones), and keropok. Chinese New Year in Malaysia is more fun, I think, than in Singapore. Maybe Simon has more relatives than I have, and people are always visiting people. People would hold open houses here! I think it has to do with the fact that most people in Sarawak live in houses (bigger than the average Singapore flats), and the children have a longer holiday (the whole week as compared with the usual two days of public hols, and it's official).

But this time round, I just felt very tired and lethargic. Grace also said that CNY is more tiring than working. At work, we concentrate on work, whereas during CNY, we laze around and do nothing much until people come visiting. One of the uncles said it was too long a break and we should resume our CNY get-away with the whole family in 2010 (hmm, last time it was some 22 of us packed in a bus touring China and Hong Kong). We shall see...when number 2 comes.

How was your CNY?

2 comments:

KristineCheang said...

Hi Simon/Kim,

Happy to hear Kim is pregnant again. "Congratulation"

On my way... said...

Congrats on the news!!! Hope everything goes well for you this time around....and what adorable photo's of Jonathon!

xx