On the second day of CNY, we woke the kids up and just washed them up instead of bathing them coz we had to be at the airport at 7.45am to catch the 9am flight. Turned out the Air Asia direct flight to Singapore was delayed by 2hrs (note: we received rm300 voucher each for the delay!). So we brought the kids home, bathed them and then went back to the airport.
Jon knocked out a couple of minutes after the plane was in the air. As Simon flipped through a magazine with him, I saw his eyes slowly closing and he drifted off to slumber land. As for Jill, I fed her milk and she too knocked out once we were in the air. Good! No issue of cabin pressure!
The CNY week in Singapore was great coz Jillian saw many people for the first time including my parents, bro and family. We took it easier this time, letting her nap in the mornings before we went out to meet friends and family. Then in the afternoon, we also brought her back to YMCA, where we stayed, to nap. In the evenings, we also made sure we didn't stay out too late. We remembered Christmas in 2008 where we rushed to many places with Jon in the hot weather and he fell sick, going out in the hot sun and then entering cold air-conditioned shopping centres.
Here're some photos of the trip, but most are in my Facebook account.
Mon, 15 Feb 2010
After we arrived in Singapore, I realised I didn't bring the hot water flask, duh! Thankfully there's still an NTUC outlet at Terminal One, and we bought a cheap flask there, 555 brand!
Then it was off to check in at YMCA, lunch and then nap time for the kids. We went went to my parents' place for dinner. Jon played with cousin Winnie and my bro, while Jillian entertained my mom and sis-in-law. Dad was happy to see the little one. Although he didn't talk much, he spent half an hour with her on the mattress, amused by her smiles and giggles.
Jon spent the morning playing with Ryan, who's slightly older than a year. They had fun with the wheels, especially those at the car porch. Megan, who's the oldest, would shout yi, er, shan and the boys will run from one end of the porch to the other! See how red they were in the face.
Here're a couple more photos of us and our little ones.
Wendy Kwek and Wendy Tan, almost inseparable. (I just love Jill's smile here)




Thu, 18 Feb 2010
We met Pastor Daniel and his wife Denisa for lunch. We can always count on Pastor Daniel to introduce good food to us. I mean, why waste all the stomach space and gain calories or cholesterol from bad food, right? We had yummy dim sum at Yum Cha at Serangoon Country Club. Denisa works nearby so she joined us together with her PIC Pastor Dianna Khoo. Pastor Ivan from Wesley also joined us. We never had the privilege of dining with so many pastors before.
Afternoon's appointment was at Cecilia and Bryan's place at Seletar. They were back from Shanghai with 3 boys in tow. So, meeting at home was a good idea. How can we handle 4 kids and a baby outside? Jon had fun playing and watching TV with the boys. The 3 boys also enjoyed posing with Jill!
Fri, 19 Feb 2010
Playdate at Tsui's place with all the girls from small group and our miracle babies. Pity Kye Jae had the sniffles and mom Sock thought it was better to stay away since there're so many little ones.
Why are the kids miracle babies? We all married quite late and when we wanted to have kids, all of us (except for Trisha) had fertility issues. After many scans, blood tests, Chinese traditional and Western meds, operations and fertility treatments, two miscarriages, sweat and tears and wondering when God will answer our prayers, we all delivered healthy babies in 2009 (I had Jon first in Aug 2007 and then Jill in 2009)!
God's precision timing was for us to all deliver in 2009. Tsui was the first one with baby Even on 20 Feb. Sock followed with baby Kai Jae in May, I had Jillian on 15 Aug, and Li Yen had baby Samantha (Ying) in Sep! Although we were in different continents, we all rejoiced with the birth of each baby. And it was a joyous occasion to finally meet up with all our babies, after having compared notes via email, sms and phone calls.
I didnt' take many photos coz I was busy catching up. I am waiting for Tsui and Li yen to send me their photos so I can post them up.
Here's Trish with Jill. She's such a wonderful person. Ever so organised, she was the one who organised for gifts for all the babies (even for Evan's birthday the next day)!
I managed to go to ION in the afternoon, since Jill napped for two hours at Tsui's place. Grabbed a pair of shoes and some stuff from Muji. I didn't even bother to see the shops on the ground level and upwards...too expensive!
Dinner was with Simon's pal from college, Joe. He's a father to two boys and gave us every good advice on how to love and discipline our kids, esp Jon, being the super active boy and the first child. We had yummy Black Pig Ramen at Tampopo at Liang Court! Then I went to my fave supermarket, Meidi-Ya, to buy my Meji chocolates and Jap chilli flakes.
Sat, 20 Feb 2010
We went to Gleneagles to visit Chwee Wei who had given birth to baby Daniel on Fri. He's five weeks early! Must be coz he wanted to see us! When I gave birth to Jon in 2009, Chwee and family were in Miri to go to the Mulu Caves, and I gave birth two weeks early. Jon must have wanted to see the Yeo's too! But guess what? After visiting Chwee in her room, in our hurry to go for a real burger and then for Evan's birthday party, we forgot to make a detour to the nursery! Doh!
With my best pal from college, Roy. We were having Carl's Junior burger (pity the standards dropped, this one was at Plaza Singapura). Hmm, last year when I met her, we had Burger King coz I was craving for it!
Jon was so taken by Roy that he held her hand, called her to accompany him to see things and had a good time with her and Balloon Lady at Evan's birthday party. When Roy left, and someone else took Jon's hand, he thought it was Roy till he looked up. He quickly let go of Aunty Wynnie's hand and went back to inside the restaurant to look for Roy!
At Evan's birthday at Bakerz Inn at UE Square at River Valley. Jon liked the birthday cake and wanted to shake Even's hand.
Our Singapore small group! And it was Trish's birthday too!
Li Yen and I with our babies, Ying and Jillian.
One of our family, thanks Wynnie!
All too soon, 6 days flew by and it was time to go back to our home in Miri. I am happy that Jon enjoyed this trip. He's older, and can listen to instructions, and enjoyed playing with his cousins and new friends. Jill was a happy camper and a joy to look after. And both kids were well (this is with my constant nagging at Jon to drink plenty of fluids!)

1 comment:
wow... a gd record of the trip, a fun trip with lots of feasting n catching up right...!
sorry didnt manage to see u at the LSS!
hope u manage to get some shopping toooooo...
Post a Comment