Firstly, a Blessed Christmas to everyone. I have been busy with almost two weeks in Singapore to accompany Simon for his operation to remove a tumour at the parotid area. Then I was back in Miri for about 9 days. But have been busy and sleepy, so I didn't update my blog, and only photos in my Facebook account. And no time to reflect yet.
Secondly, thanksgiving for it wasn't a tumour that Simon removed but a lump of lymph nodes. Well, we would only know for sure only after the growth is removed and sent for biopsy. And why was it there in the first place is because of toxoplasma.
Singapore trip for Simon's surgery
A long recap of our time in Singapore. Simon went earlier on 7 Dec to do pre-operation check up (whether he was fit to go under the knife). No wonder they say that not everyone who needs surgery can do it.
Secondly, thanksgiving for it wasn't a tumour that Simon removed but a lump of lymph nodes. Well, we would only know for sure only after the growth is removed and sent for biopsy. And why was it there in the first place is because of toxoplasma.
Singapore trip for Simon's surgery
A long recap of our time in Singapore. Simon went earlier on 7 Dec to do pre-operation check up (whether he was fit to go under the knife). No wonder they say that not everyone who needs surgery can do it.
One thing I observed was that the nurse at Mount Elisabeth who asked Simon a whole load of questions upon checking in (wow, it's like checking-in a hotel and doing the check-in in your hotel room), sounded a little surprised that Simon had not been been in hospital for any kind of operation. Perhaps in this day and age, many have undergone some operation or another? But super top notch service at Mount Elisabeth Hospital..of course at super top notch prices also lah. Praise God that we decided to top up our medical insurance to cover to 100% otherwise, there would have been a hole in our pockets. And then Simon had to select his menu for dinner and lunch the next day (and also lunch in case he needs to be warded for longer, talk about advance planning).
I was silly to tell Simon to call me after his op. I mean, the guy was under general anesthetic, he would be groggy for a few hours after surgery!! OK, I am totally ignorant about hospitals, surgeries, etc. So by the time I went back, Simon had been back in his room for a while, but sound asleep. He woke up and I gave him some water, then he slept again till dinner time.
He was quite good in his recovery coz he finished his dinner (slowly lah). Some people would even throw up coz of GA (yes I know coz friends told me so). After he went to bed, I went back to Cold Storage at Paragon to get a simple sashimi bento and Hersheys semi-sweet mini choc chips for a friend back in Miri). I tell you, I had my fill of Japanese food (coz three out of my first four meals were all Japanese, and mainly sashimi!)
Went back to the hospital the next day at around 8.15am and Simon already had his breakkie at 6am. After the nurse removed the tube, Simon felt much better.
After Simon was discharged, we went back to see Dr Chew at his clinic. Simon still had some discomfort and doc checked hie ear with his scope. Turned out there was some blood clot at the operated area. After gentle dislodging and some suction, the ear was cleared and Simon felt much better, like his ear popped in a pressurised plane.
We got back to the inn where Simon slept. I then quickly went to Centrepoint (where we had passed by earlier and saw the Gap signage) to get some jeans (I have been wearing baggy jeans for so long and feeling frumpy), and some lunch from the noodle shop there. I tell you, four pairs of jeans were very heavy and so I didn't shop much. Managed to get a Calendar, bumper stickers and some cards from two lovely ladies at the SPCA counter outside Cold Storage, and even two handbag clips from Robinsons for Christmas pressies.
Went back and Simon was awake already. He woke up and felt hungry and ate some fruits already. I bought rice and char siew. MIL said as he was on anti-biotics, he had better eat some rice to fill him up. After the late lunch, it was nap time till dinner. Never felt so tired before, and I didn't have to run after kids.
And the reason was....all the walking! No one walks in Miri! It's always drive from point A to point B. After discharged, we went to Paragon to pay part of the bill at Citibank (very convenient location, Mount E). After Simon went back to the inn at Lloyd Road, I walked to Centrepoint, shopped and then carried 4 jeans plus lunch all the way back to Lloyd Road.
On Sat (11 Dec), we had the car from a friend, who was away on hol, and took a drive to Old Airport Road to have breakfast. Then visited Simon's godma around that area. Then we went back to check out to go to our new flat at Bradell. The whole afternoon till evening, we're there coz workers came to paint the living room, the dining table and chairs and mattress were delivered, and the washing machine, fridge and TV. Most of these were bought by Simon's agent friend while we're in Miri while a couple were bought the day I arrived.
For the next few days, we lived, ate and shopped at Bradell and Toa Payoh, fixing up the flat for our tenants (air-conditioners for the bedrooms and ceiling fan for the living room were fixed on Mon and coocker hood on Wed). and Simon had to take his naps. We found out the hard way when we were out the whole of Sunday, at church, lunch at Wisma, bought my Christmas pressie of Canon camera Ixus 210 and a Canon Selphy printer, then house blessing at Sock and Guan's place. Simon was all knackered out!
I missed my kidlets during those nine days away from there. No smiles and koala-like clings from Jillian, and no "What is that?" and hugs and kisses from Jon (not sure about other boys, but this one kisses only his mommy and not daddy). About 90% of the time when I called during the day, Jon and Jill were usually taking their naps, and MIL was most pleased that they were obedient and took naps without a fuss coz that meant she could do her stuff! And speaking to jon was quite weird...he sounded so different! Sigh, still baby talking...and even "I want to or or (sleep) liao." after like 10 super fast seconds of babbling. For Jill, MIL said she would hold the phone receiver and lept looking around coz she could hear me but not see me. Must have been a funny sight.
We missed an important milestone in Jill's development - walking!!! She could walk for all of 3 steps before we went away. Then while we're away, she walked!
A few more snapshots.



Dinner with my old friends at Buono (by then I have put on weight, even on my face too, after having 3 full meals a day)
Quick meet up with Medrey! Back in Miri
Came back on 16 Dec and I unpacked to do some washing while Simon had a quick bite before going upstairs. He thought the kids were sleeping with grandma. So Jon woke up, came down and gave me a big hug while I gave him a big kiss. He loved it when I gave him a couple of small dinosaurs I bought at 7-Eleven. He was so excited watching me unpack, I had to stop.
Grandma had shared while we're in SG that the reason Jon got allt hose scrapes and scratches was because our big boy didn't want to share. He would take a toy and refused to let other have a turn at it. Worse, he would take a toy from someone who was already playing with it. And the boys would of course demand for it back and when he refused, they would snatch it back! Aiyo, Jon ah Jon!
But we had decided that he would continue going ot that childcare centre (very big place, but only 8 kids max, coz it's runned by the principal and one maid). I had heard good thing about the place, but now that my son is like that....hmm. I missed his nursery where there were more teachers and there was orderliness. They also had a good mix of kids whereas at the childcare, there were 6-7 boys and two girls...so super loud and rough play. But Jon has to learn sooner or later in the real world. and it's for half days. We have to teach him at home to respect others, to share and not push his Jill or his cousin whenever they take his things. Long journey ahead.
Christmas

Te kids were thrilled to see the Christmas tree finally up (yes, we were tired after the Singapore trip). They are really blessed to grow and play with each other. Megan (not in pic) is oldest at 4yrs, followed by Jon (3yrs), Mabel (2yrs), Jillian (16months) and Qiqi (14months).



Christmas wish came through - Jill's walking, and non-stop too!
We had a pot bless at Jennifer's and Ngu's home on 23 Dec. Four couples plus Jon, Cavan (2yrs), Arissa (19months) and baby Emmeline (5months).

Dinner was sumptous with a spread of roast chicken, pasta, sausages (black pepper, cheese n mushroom), corn, salad, lamb stew, mash potato, steamed veg. not including desserts of tang yuan, ice cream and fruits.


Dinner was sumptous with a spread of roast chicken, pasta, sausages (black pepper, cheese n mushroom), corn, salad, lamb stew, mash potato, steamed veg. not including desserts of tang yuan, ice cream and fruits.
Then children carollers from our church came by to sing for us. Cavan's sister, Chloe, was one of them. Our party was the last stop, and it was wonderful indeed to have 22kids (plus another 3 teens to help with music accompanyment).
Jon, who was running around and screaming with Cavan, sat down quietly throughout and listened to the carollers. He did so without me by his side, coz I was taking photos. Yes, he does have this quiet side of him when he's concentrating on something, haha!
Jon, who was running around and screaming with Cavan, sat down quietly throughout and listened to the carollers. He did so without me by his side, coz I was taking photos. Yes, he does have this quiet side of him when he's concentrating on something, haha!
On Christmas morning, we're having a morning service at a hotel to accommodate the congregation and our families, and invited guests. It'll also be a farewell lunch for our pastor, who's back to his studies. We've invited Simon's parents, and his bro Stanley and wife Grace. Then it'll be home for the kids to nap, open some presents and dinner at a small cafe called Annie's kitchen. Can't wait coz she cooks some nice western dishes.
If you have made it all the way to the end, tenkews for your patience. If you had just scrolled and scanned through the photos, also tenkews! Just want to wish you and your family a Blessed Christmas. Christmas is special and joyful to us coz our God, who gives good gifts (James 1:17), gave his most precious gift, His Son, Jesus. That's why we also give gifts to our loved ones.
1 comment:
merry christmas and a wonderful year ahead, Kim! definitely a long post but thats precious to journal all the happenings! sorry that you missed the milestones of jill taking some steps...
but more tooooo come ya :) enjoy!
Post a Comment