I made some simple ruffle flowers for Jon's kindy and Sunday School teachers. If only they can smell nice...
Malaysia celebrates Teachers' Day on 16 May. I saw a promotion poster at a country club for teachers' Day celebrations in May and asked Jon's kindy teacher when the actual day is. Thankfully, I have some time to make the presents unlike last year when I found out a couple of days before the actual day. Still getting used to a May celebration, coz in Singapore, the day is celebrated in Sept.
As Jon will be missing school next Mon (Jon's uncle and family are coming over, and we're going to stay at a tropical resort), I have to complete the flowers to be given to the teachers today.
Here're some bright and cheery flowers using Sassafras Lass Me Likey papers, topped with owl stickers. We grew up being taught that teachers are wise like owls (",). PS: I don't know why the photos appears like that when in the folder, it's the right side up!
And some using sweet old stash from Heidi Grace, topped with SSF chipboard animals and flower chipboards from La-di-dah.
Here's the tutorial from PaperVine for making the ruffle flowers.
4 comments:
Flowers are just such good ideas for teachers day. Looks like I will be making some too when this day comes. So much colours! The white doily flower from my layout is from Martha Stewart.
You have a good weekend Kim!
love the bright colours of the flowers!!! definitely fun to make
love the bright colours of the flowers!!! definitely fun to make
Your flowers are beautiful!
Thanks for linking back to my tutorial :-)
Post a Comment