Monday, January 21, 2008

Surprise from Hong Kong

(So frustrating as Internet access had been very slow this week that I couldn't upload photos!)

Two weeks back, after we got back from our Singapore trip, the post office called to inform me that I have a package. The mail system here is very slow. Post would be sent to KL before being forwarded to Miri. It could take up to 3 weeks to get a letter and like 2 months to get a package!

To our surprise, it was not a package but four boxes (two medium and two small)! They were from Hong Kong. Margaret had called last year to ask if I mind her sending clothes, toys and books for Jon. Her sons have outgrown them and they are still in good condition. Of course I don't mind. She had sent the boxes out in mid-Oct and they reached Miri on 4 Jan, but they only got cleared on 12 Jan. There was also a post mark to say they reached KL in late Nov!

When I opened the boxes, it was like Christmas was still around! Here's a pic of most of the stuff, except for some toy trucks and trains which I kept in the box until Jon is older and can play with them. And guess what? There's the Baby Einstein series of DVDs that I have been meaning to get for Jon! A BIG thank you, Margaret!

No comments: