Thursday, August 28, 2008

Work visa

First they say I need to apply for a work visa under the spouse programme.
I got the approval letter within 2.5months (from Kuching) and it stated for me to go pay the fees.
Went to the bank to apply for bank draft.

Went back to Immigration.
Immigration said the name of the payee was wrong, I shouldn't have followed the payee on the letterhead. Officer gave me another name.

Went back to the bank and cancelled the bank draft and applied for another one, under the right name.

Went back to Immigration again. Officer told me since I was spouse of a citizen, I needn't pay the fees. But rather than work on the work visa, which will ultimately coincide with my spouse visa (valid till Dec 2008), he advised me to apply for extension to my spouse visa, and I should be able to get a one-year extension till Dec 2009.

Do I go back to the bank again to cancel the bank draft? Better confirm with Immigration again....Sigh. Saved on fees, (yay) but wasted time and admin fees at bank (sigh).

No comments: