The mangoes and longans in the garden have ripened.
Simon's parents collected a huge box of longans yesterday, which were then divided into plastic bags. There must have been at least 3,000 longans altogether! Jonathan pointed at the box excitedly and grandma gave him one. He bit into it without peeling the skin off, and the juice squirted right out and dribbled onto his chin and shirt. I couldn't take photos coz my fingers were all sticky trying to get the longan away from Jon in case he swallowed it whole!
I can smell the longans the whole day when I walk into the kitchen. I am so going to eat some later.
And the mangoes....my goodness, they're huge, although smaller than the ones we had in May this year. I've taken a photo of an average sized mango in between two larger ones. The smaller one is about 5 inches long and you can see that the larger ones are double the length and triple the size! I am so looking froward for them to ripen.....yellow, sweet and very delicious.
I can smell the longans the whole day when I walk into the kitchen. I am so going to eat some later.And the mangoes....my goodness, they're huge, although smaller than the ones we had in May this year. I've taken a photo of an average sized mango in between two larger ones. The smaller one is about 5 inches long and you can see that the larger ones are double the length and triple the size! I am so looking froward for them to ripen.....yellow, sweet and very delicious.

Here's an photo taken by Darien in May this year when we wrapped the mangoes up to prevent birds from eating them. They were more than a foot long! 
No comments:
Post a Comment