What a whirlwind trip last weekend. We were back in Singapore over the Hari Raya Haji weekend for all of 48hrs. Simon attended a dinner and Jonathan and I tagged along. We stayed at the Swisshotel Westin, courtesy of Simon's ex-ex-company (thanks Freddy!).
Woke Jon up early on Fri, 27 Nov and got him ready. He knew something was going on coz Simon and I were changed and there was that huge Samsonite luggage. He couldn't keep still when grandma bathed him. At the airport, he was so excited to see the planes parked at the tarmac. Then he wanted to go beyond the gates to the long corridoor and kicked up a fuss when I refused. Had to bring him to the other side to see all the cars in the car park and gave him some Oreo wafer snacks. Once we got on the plane, Jon knocked out! Must be coz we woke him up early.
When we reached Singapore, the efficient airport services meant that our luggage were already on the conveyor belt by the time we passed customs. At the taxi queue, we were greeted by an elderly gentlemen who guided us to the next available taxi. He was so polite...I think it's a good thing to hire nice and friendly retirees who are so cheery in greeting people. I felt really welcomed. It was a short trip down the East Coast Park...going by the beach, I found I really missed cycling there and having Mac Donalds breakkie or a meal at the East Coast Hawker Centre. Must bring our kids there when they're older and when we stay longer.
Reached the hotel just before 12pm and they allowed us to check in. After a quick inspection by Jon and putting Jon's bedmates down, we headed down to top up our phone cards.
Then we met the Liang's for lunch at the Japanese styled Marche...oops forgot the name. Simon and I ordered Western food, and Jon had some of our fries. Oops no rice nor noodles for him.
Reached the hotel just before 12pm and they allowed us to check in. After a quick inspection by Jon and putting Jon's bedmates down, we headed down to top up our phone cards.
Then we met the Liang's for lunch at the Japanese styled Marche...oops forgot the name. Simon and I ordered Western food, and Jon had some of our fries. Oops no rice nor noodles for him.
Megan is the eldest, but she's still so cute, esp her impersonation of a monster. And Ryan can walk and run, much to Megan's delight. Baby Andrea was asleep....and cute too! I caught up a little with Wendy, and collected the Wii set that we left with her since last year. It was a gift from one of my best friend, Christina.
After lunch, we said bye to the Liangs, and brought Jon up for his nap or at least a rest. Didn't want his fever to flare up again. Simon went off to meet his friends, while I changed Jon and tried to make him nap. In the end, I let him run all over the room, switching the lights on and off...till he got tired and climbed into bed with me. Then when Simon got back, we woke Jon up and brought him to my parents place.Dad kept asking me how long I was in town for and when we were going back. Mom and bro kept repeating the same answers over and over again. Well, at least he was talking. Jon was not used to them and kept a distance. until he warmed up and played with some toys. While he didn't let them carry, him, he didn't shy away or hide behind his arms.
All of a sudden, Jon's fever returned around 8pm. As the temp was above 38.5 degree Celsius, we gave him suppositories. Then we brought him to the pharmacy to buy some fever patches before heading back to the hotel. Thankfully when we reached back at the hotel, his temp went down again. We showered him. Jon was hungry and asked for some crackers. Then he saw the cup noodles and asked for some. I had only the curry and laksa flavours. So I cooked the curry one and washed away with hot water to remove the curry flavour. Jon was so hungry he finished most of the noodles! Then the same process went on again...played around in the room till he was tired. Simon went off to meet some friends for supper.
The next day, Jo woke up and wanted cup noodles again. As Simon was still asleep, I gave him the noodles, this time without using the flavouring, just added hot water. He loved it. Finally Simon woke up and we went for buffet breakfast. Found out there were noodles at the buffet! Too bad. Gave Jon some cereals and a muffin (but he played with it since he was quite full).

Quickly did some shopping at Robinsons for toys and clothes (such a small clothes collection, heard the one at Centrepoint was larger). Anyhows, managed to get him a set of PJs, T-shirt and pants, and a Mickey T for CNY. Also bought a bright yellow luggage for the Wii. So bright we'll surely not be able to miss it at the luggage belt!
Then mom and my bro came by and joined us while we complete out shopping. As Simon brought the luggage back to the room, Jon had separation anxiety and threw a hissy fit. Luckily my bro was there and helped me with his pram. Jon stopped and was quiet coz he was a little fearful of this uncle. That allowed me to pick up some clothes for Jillian and the three cousins back in Miri.

We were full but followed my mom and bro for lunch at Din Tai Fung. But Jon could still eat and had some of my mom's mushroom noodles! Before they left, we spotted this Lamborghini at the hotel's entrance and took a quick photo. 
This time, it was SImon's turn to make Jon nap, while I went to meet Yin, a friend I made from the MWL forum. It was so good to finally meet up with her. I would love to have met up with Pooi too. But with such a tight schedule and with Jon's fever, I dare not make too many plans. Then Wendy Anne came and we caught up over a quick drink and she passed me more clothes for Jon. My Jon, who's 2yrs and 3months is already 18kg (19.5kg before the fever)...and Wen's Jon who's 4+yrs is also the same weight. Maybe in a couple of years time, it'll be my Jon who'll pass his clothes to kor kor Jonathan! Ooops!
I was super quick, and controlled according to Yin when we shopped at PaperMarket. I guess I have so much SB stuff that I feel guilty if I were to buy more. Better use up more stash first. Went back to the hotel room at 3.1pm. and Jon wasn't asleep, but Simon sure looked like he was about to sleep. Chatted with Wen till she left at 4pm.
Simon's dinner was that night. I told Simon we have to bring Jon down to shop a little otherwise he would be cranky in the hotel room after being in it for almost the whole afternoon. So we went out and managed to pick up a couple of tops for Simon and I. Then we brought noodles back to the room, while Simon went off for his dinner.
This time, I caught up with my college friend Royati. We three had noodles and I allowed Jon to feed himself, making a mess in the process. Luckily I had spread some newspapers on the desk! Then I quickly packed while Jon played with the truck that I bought him in the afternoon.
Time passes quickly when we're having a good time. All too quickly it was almost 10pm. Roy left so I could make Jon sleep. Did he? Nope!!! Simon even brought a couple of his ex-colleagues to the room after the dinner. Their children found Jon cute and wanted to play with him, giving him their balloons and goody bags!
This time, I caught up with my college friend Royati. We three had noodles and I allowed Jon to feed himself, making a mess in the process. Luckily I had spread some newspapers on the desk! Then I quickly packed while Jon played with the truck that I bought him in the afternoon.
Time passes quickly when we're having a good time. All too quickly it was almost 10pm. Roy left so I could make Jon sleep. Did he? Nope!!! Simon even brought a couple of his ex-colleagues to the room after the dinner. Their children found Jon cute and wanted to play with him, giving him their balloons and goody bags!
They left at nearly midnight and we soon fell asleep. Then the next morning, we had a tough time waking Jon up since he slept so late. Simon had a brilliant plan to wake up Jon up by wiping his face with a wet towel. I was so hungry after we checked out that we went for a quick bite before leaving for the airport. Before we got on our cab, we saw another Lamborghini...this time an orange one. I like!
We got to the airport just and found a long line at the check-in. There was only one counter opened for our flight back to Miri. We joined the queue, which got longer and longer after us. The people all couldn't believe it when they came to the queue, and we asked them to go to the end of the queue which almost reached the departure gates. Luckily as the other counters cleared the passengers for the Penang and KL flights, they opened 2 more ocunters for the Miri flight,. Otherwise we will never be able to make it for out flight.
We managed to catch up with Ee Guan, Sockie and darling KJ. Wilson came by too, but as we spent most of our time in the queue to check in, we didn't even manage a decent conversation!
Got on the plane and Jon promptly fell asleep. And off we were back to Miri.
We managed to catch up with Ee Guan, Sockie and darling KJ. Wilson came by too, but as we spent most of our time in the queue to check in, we didn't even manage a decent conversation!Got on the plane and Jon promptly fell asleep. And off we were back to Miri.
3 comments:
What a packed 48 hours!
If I'm not wrong, I was the lady behind you at MWL last year when you came back. You apologised and said you didn't have a LSS back home so needed to stock up! LOL!
Wow - whirlwind is right. :) And I think I was with Wendy when you were speaking to her on the phone! I stayed at her place on thursday night and I was there when she received a call and talking about meeting the next day for a quick drink. That was you! I didn't know that was you until I read your blog! Sigh. Could have said hello to you. :)
elaine t
So happy to have finally met you Kim, and i'm looking forward to the next time you're back again.
Thanks for such a great time Kim, shopping and all that scrap chatting, wished we had more time.
You have a good weekend ahead!!
Post a Comment