Here're some photos and captions of Jillian's birthday.
Booked a small restaurant for Jillian's first birthday celebrations with some of our closest friends and family members.
Wondering what's the thing on her head?
Our smiley baby
Jillian with her cousin, Qiqi, who's two months younger than her
Bought a centrepiece cake and baked about 50 cupakes with my friend, Jennifer. I tried a yoghurt and cream cheese frosting. Not too sweet and a tinge of sourness. Thanks to Chwee, I had cute pink cupcakel iners with princes crowns for decor.
Jon, who enjoys birthday celebrations at nursery, just loves cakes and singing the "Happy Birthday" song. Doesn't it look like it's his birthday here?
Checking out her cake. Thankfully she wasn't grabbing them like she grabbed grandma's cake during grandma's birthday!
Cutting her cake like a pro
Catherine, a talented friend who recently started baking, did this cute cake for Jillian. It had a cow on the centrepiece, and cupakes with cows, #1 and red eggs! All made with love! 
There're 3 story books (with picture buttons that make sounds), a musial nusery rhymes book, a pre-school learning board (to learn her alphabets and words), and a toy that plays music and songs complete with a flower that dances.
I am a little tired from planning two birthdays in a week. Think I can do this for a couple more years before I combine Jon and Jill's birthday celebrations together!
Some of the mommies and the kiddos
Love how happy Jillian was despite the heat. It was a super hot day and I didn't think the air-conditioners were coping well. That's Jennifer at the back with Cavan's who's turning two on 10.10.10
Just a novel way of trying to see what a child will be when she is older. Put a few things on a tray for her to pick. Egg (loves food); pencil (good literary skills/boss type); ruler: good with sums and merticulous (jobs related to numbers); book (scholarly type).
Jill picked the egg first. Well, usually kids like like anything bright and round. In the end, she selected the ruler.
It seemed coincidental that all Jillian's pressies are all musical. The biggest pressie was this musical activity table from Lawrence and Mabel, and their sons Mason and Bradley. Jill loves it, and so does Jon. And Jon kept taking it away from Jill like it was his. Sigh...
I am a little tired from planning two birthdays in a week. Think I can do this for a couple more years before I combine Jon and Jill's birthday celebrations together!
No lah, they should have their own parties. I'll just be a tired mommy.
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Jill! She's looking so grown up now Kim. A great year for me watching her grow up through your blog.
she's so pretty! :) Looks like it was a fantastic party
Post a Comment