Wednesday, August 25, 2010

was in SG for a few days

We were back in Singapore last weekend for a quick 3-day trip to do a couple of things and brought only Jillian with us. We would have to leave Jill with my mom when we do our stuff. My mom is quite old and frail and we know she would not have been able to take care of two kids, especially a highly spirited Jon. So we had to snuck out on Sat night coz Jon would surely want to follow, since Jill was coming with us.

He was having his dinner of noodles and watching Tom & Jerry with grandma. Then he turned to grandma and laughed at the cartoon, and caught sight of me sneaking away! He cried so loudly and wanted to follow me out of the door. Grandpa quickly picked him up. I couldn't near to hear his cries and had to go back in to kiss him on his arm before making a quick get-away. I cried in the car on the way to the airport. Have you left your child for an overseas trip or even snuck out to the supermarket? You would understand my feelings right?

Jillian is so very different from Jon. Jon is a very easy traveller and would knock out after drinking his milk on the plane. But Jillian! She was super alert and looked around everywhere. I had to entertain her at the airport and thank goodness something caught her eye.
On the aircraft, Jill would look at passengers in front and behind...and I had to walk up and down the aisles otherwise she will disturb the people near us! Thankfully she slept in the car after we crossed the Singapore customs, so when we reached my parents' place, she was fast asleep and I needn't worry about how to make her sleep in a new environment.
We managed to shop a little (by that, I mean Mothercare @ Centrepoint and a sports shop at Northpoint after dinner) and meet a couple of friends after running our errands. Li Yen and Ying happened to be Singapore too and we managed to catch up, albeit for a short while after lunch and before the kids' nap time. Ying and Jill are the only girls in the small group, there are 4 other toddler boys. How fast our girls have grown!
I also managed to catch up with Chwee, who brought her #4, Daniel (yes, she has 4 children!). We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant at Chip Bee Garden before checking out the baking shops there. Goodness, there's Phoon Huat, Pantry Magic, Shermay's Cooking School and another chic chic place. Wish I was a tai tai with more days and moolah in SG! On the other hand, as I am attracted to many things colourful and sparkly, I am thankful I am based in Miri.

Jillian was such a Koala Bear. super clingy! She will hold onto us for her dear life, and woe unto us should we want to put her down! She will hold onto us tightly, well for my case, she will pull on my hair and will not let go. Sometimes, she will even climb higher and higher as if that will prevent us from lowering her down. Quite a funny sight, when I think back. But when I am trying to change her after her bath, or get ready to go out or even pack my luggage....not funny at all.

Because we had only 3 days in SG, I did some pre-shopping, online! Bought more SB supplies from Two Peas (took advantage of a 25% discount) and had them shipped over to my parents' place. From Amazon, I purchased books on raising toddlers (esp spirited Jon), Spider-man and Disney car bed sheets, and 7 Gypsies trays from Scrapaholics (offered 20% discount for pre-orders).
And then I got these from Lia. She's one super talented scrapper from Singapore who's on the Design Team of Maya Road, amongst others. I love her works, especially her mini albums. She's can turn chipboards into wonderful works of art and she ties the most gorgeous ribbons. How I wish to attend one lesson with her.
I was very happy when Lia added these tags to her Etsy shop and quickly snapped them up. She had these huge bottle caps on ATCs and I love the new Medallion flowers from Maya Road. And I just had to get this cute little framed ATC too.
The postman managed to get them to me 10mins before we left my parents' place for the airport. I was wondering what's in the package...mind was in a flurry coz Jillian woke up half an hour before the car arrived to bring us to the Senai Airport in Johor. Only when we're in the car did I peeked into the package. I was grinning so much, happy that I have something so beautifully made. Now, where do I put this that the kids will not touch (how to resist something so beautiful)?

1 comment:

Lia said...

Thank you so much for your purchase, Kim! and thank you especially for loving my work!

x!