I had been bringing Jon to the caged area but Tiger is always in the pet carrier. And I am not supposed to bring Jon inside the caged area in case he breathe in the cat and dog furs and develop an allergy.
By Sun night, Tiger decided to come out and lay on the floor. He was SO skinny! and his heart was pumping very hard and slowly. My heart ached and I cried! He didn't even care about the dogs who came nearby to sniff at him (they are separated by a wire fence). The dogs also kept quiet as if respecting his last moments. I asked Simon how come we didn't bring him to the vet earlier. Simon said he called the vet but no one answered the phone. Guess the vet had to rest on a Sun.
Then around 11pm, the dogs kept barking incessantly. I went down to check and the dogs were almost onto him through the bottom of the fence. His position had changed. I called out to Tiger and he turned his head slightly to look at me. I cried as his eyes met mine. It was as if he was saying goodbye.
I quickly went upstairs to ask Simon to bring him in to the bathroom on the ground floor. Simon was asleep and told me to wait till Mon morning. But I knew in my heart that Tiger would not make it, and wanted him inside the house so I can touch him for the last time, and protect him from the dogs...etc.
I was so sad when Simon turned to go back to bed. Then the dogs kept barking and barking, till Simon couldn't take it. He went down for like a few mins, which to me was like forever. I knew Tiger was gone. I knew he will go after he saw Simon.
Simon came back up and told me Tiger went to the Lord. I cried so hard that Simon asked me to control myself in case the kids woke up.
Simon said we would bury Tiger on Mon morning. But with all the crying, I was so tired and fell asleep and woke up late. Simon had already buried Tiger. I was so mad. But Simon didn't want the maggots to come. It's probably better that I didn't see him coz I would cry again and I needed to bring Jon to school.
I have been grieving for the last two days. Allowing myself to grieve is good. Of course I grieved at night and away from people, in case they think I am mad to cry over a pet. People here keep dogs to keep away burglars, not as pets.
We had Tiger and Tigger half a year before we got married. The cats are so much a part of our lives. They represent my independent life, leaving my family and settin gup a new home with Simon. They were there when we leave for work and will meow and rub at our legs when we come home. They will come and sit with us when we watched TV or when there are thunderstorms. They depend on us for food and to keep them clean. They were my kids before my kids. Tiger has been with my for 9years. How do I say goodbye to 9 years of togetherness?
Tiger, may you rest in heaven. I will take care of Tigger. Missing you so much...
Here're a few of my fave photos of Tiger. I will always remember Tiger, my handsome tabby.



No comments:
Post a Comment