Friday, April 9, 2010

24 hours in Singapore

Simon and I were back in Singapore for 24hrs from Mon to Tue to sell our 5rm flat in Yishun. It's our first home and we've been renting it out after we moved back to Miri. As the price was good, we figured it would be better to sell it than to continue to pay interest. I will always remember the flat with fond memories as we shared it with our cats Tiger and Tigger, I got pregnant there, we celebrated a few of my family's birthdays there, and it was where we invited our friends to come over for a simple meal or just to hang out.

In that 24hrs in Singapore, we went to Ikea to buy a kiddy table and four chairs (+ some frames), walked through Orchard Central and went to Esprit at 313 Somerset and Uniqlo (so love it, bought 2 tops and a hat in 20mins), then went to Plaza Singapura to meet my mom for dinner at Crystal Jade.

Then I went to Made With Love to shop for an hour. Although I couldn't meet my friend to get my discount card back, there was an Easter promotion where there was 30% for 15pcs of patterned paper. I got 45pcs! and I managed to get two albums for the price of 1! Then MWL was closing, so I quickly popped over to Spotlight and bought a few stuff, but mainly to get packing tape to pack our huge items for checking in. I even got an empty carton box from the cashier.

Then it was closing too, so I went to Carrefour to buy some water, and some Meiji chocs & biscuits.

What a whirlwind trip. By the time we're done at HDB and the Town Council on Tue morning, we were rushing to get our stuff to go to the airport. But I didn't know that we have to check in our Yakun kaya! So, the two bottles were thrown into some bin at Gate 22 at Terminal 2....sigh. Next time, I know better!

I was so tired and had a headache that when we transited in Kuching, I ordered a drink at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and promptly fell asleep on one of their armchairs until they called for final boarding.

We didn't bring our kids with us coz it was such a tight schedule. They didn't even missed us. Mainly coz we stay with Simon's parents and they were happy with grandparents and Aunty Cat who was there to help look after cousin Mabel, so grandma can look after them.

No comments: