Sorry for the radio silence. Jon was down with fever from last Friday till Tuesday morning. It was a tiring experience as Jon fell sick the day his daddy went off for a 3-day fishing competition). I don't think I need to bore anyone with details, coz I could only update Facebook at the time to request for prayers. But it was terrible to see my son having a high temp continuously over so many days, not being able to go out and play, taking meds (which kid love meds, well, I can name a few, but I assure you they're a rarity), and having the runs from the anti-biotic Augmentin.

Looking at his photos, would you think he was sick? Maybe just the first one. While Jon recovered by Tue morning, we didn't let him go to school. Firstly, we didn't want him to catch any bug or play till he perspires and then catch a chill again. So I had to entertain and play with him for another two days till Thursday....
Secondly, Thursday was Sports Day. Sure didn't want big boy to miss out on this day. It was a combined event for kids from the Ria Montessori Nursery and Kindergarten. First time I saw so many kids playing at the park in our estate!
Big boy was so happy when he got down from the car, he kept wanting to run forward. I had to hold him back and point out that there's a long ditch along the park perimeter, and we had to go to the tiny bridge to get across!
Jon wasted no time and rushed to the playground to play. He noticed there were many kids that he didn't know (coz they were the kinder kids). But that didn't stop him from joining in and playing and squealing with them. It was more a case of them wondering who-on-earth-is-this-boy-and-what's-he-doing-playing-with-us?
Hey, any idea how come the playground equipment usually starts with the letter 'S'? Slide...swing..see-saw?
Me? I was afraid he would play up a sweat even before the games begun! Thankfully, a couple more of his friends turned up, but there were more of the kinders (blue trimmings on the t-shirts) than the toddlers (red trimmings on the t-shirts) and the little ones were a wee bit intimidated by the older ones.
Here're more photos of the day. I didn't take too many coz I had to watch him carefully. I didn't want anything to happen, least of all, another bout of fever!

The toddlers only had two games; the first was the Spoon and Ping Pong Ball game. He came in first. After Principal Eileen said, "Ready, one, two, three, GO!" and the whistle blew, he ran. I enjoyed watching him so much, I didn't take a photo of him running.

Then the other kids had their races. Jon entertained himself by exploring the park. he kept going to pick sticks.
There was this drain and Jon declared he's going fishing. So we went 'fishing'. Daddy would have been proud of him that he's would like to share his hobby. Then he went to play at the playground again.
There was this drain and Jon declared he's going fishing. So we went 'fishing'. Daddy would have been proud of him that he's would like to share his hobby. Then he went to play at the playground again.
After more games for the other kids plus a snack break, came the second game. Jon had to run with a mini hoop to the centre and put the hoop through a pole, before proceeding to the finishing line. There was some confusion as someone had put their hoop at his pole. Jon could have just put his hoop on the same pole and outrun the girl, but no....he decided to go find a pole without any hoop! It was so farnee watching him race.
At the end of the Sports Day mornings, Jon went for more fun at the playground before I brought him to the supermarket to buy some treats for him. Oh yes, how did I managed to lure him away from the playground? The teachers were packing up and leaving when I brought that to his attention. He decided he wanted to leave too.
What a tiring day. He fell asleep very quickly after lunch and a bath.
2 comments:
soooocute... and congrats for coming up first to Jon! love the way he pretends fishing!
take care Kim, weather is really not v good!
hey there Kim, im so glad that your lil Jon is fine now. i know what you mean, i had my 3kids with high fever (42deg) one after another, when my hubby went to japan last year!!!! so i know how tedious it could get when our kids are sick. so sick of being sick rite...:(
and cool, congrats to Jon for getting first!!!teehee
and u make me laugh with the playground 's' thingy. i just love your journal here ;)
takecare and have a great weekend.luv,jaz
Post a Comment